|
recent entries
archives
|
Thursday, June 15, 2006
wakulla river
4:03 PM
![]() Arden the girls and I took canoes to water in the Wakulla river. It had been a couple of years and I forgot how much I loved to canoe. In years past, the children had become very adept at maneuvering their boats with paddles and spending the day in sun and clear water creeping upstream, quiet, peace and contentment with 3 of the people that I love most in the world was something that I was sure would make me feel as though my cup runneth over. 3 minutes into our ride we realized that a body of water such as a river could carry the screams of frustration and arguments between adolescent siblings miles and miles. Paddling against each other, weaving mercilessly through weeds and overhanging branches and deep soaking rains of water splashed aggressively from oars was not my idea of a zen-like day. And I can guarantee that Arden was immediately thinking where is the nearst hungry alligator and how can i bait it closer and entice it to snack the seemingly toxic youth??? ![]() Well, after a quick speech from both Arden and I and a little lesson in canoe technique and etiquette (not to mention the threats of hours of sitting in a sun-baked car, awaiting our return), our day improved! We trespassed to jump from a stranger's dock, encountered a mommy and baby manatee team and had an overall wonderful day!!! ![]() 0 Comments |